Personal Watercraft and Boat Insurance in Michigan
Proudly serving Greenville, Lakeview, Grand Rapids, Big Rapids and surrounding areas!
Will you or anyone you know be engaging in water-sports such as water skiing, wakeboarding, or tubing?
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Add Watercraft to Existing Policy
Change Primary Operator on Existing Watercraft Policy
Remove Watercraft from Existing Policy
Request Declaration and Coverages Page for Watercraft Policy
Request ID Card for Watercraft Policy
Watercraft Accident Claim
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
- Let's face it, things go wrong sometimes and when they do, you'll want the peace of mind of knowing that you are protected financially. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft or boat. They also may increase your premium drastically if you file a claim, or refuse to renew at the end of the policy term. This can be very expensive and if your home is in escrow, your mortgage payment may be affected. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your watercraft in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft and boat policy covers:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- guest passenger liability
- medical payments
- pets (higher level policies)
- watersports (higher level policies)
- Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000.
- Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft and $1,000 for medical payments.
What insurance does my Boat or Personal Watercraft need?
Liability coverage - This covers you if someone is inured by your boat or watercraft
Comprehensive coverage - If you boat or watercraft is stolen or damaged by something other than a collision
Physical damage coverage - This covers you if you crash your boat or watercraft
Permissive use - This covers you or anyone that you give permission to use your watercraft or boat
Open peril - This does not have the limitations typically found when adding to a homeowners policy
Replacement Cost - This coverage can put you into a new watercraft if yours is totaled or stolen
Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.
You should talk to your insurance representative about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.